Local policy work (Deroit & region)
- Check out what’s happening at Councilman Cockrel’s Green Task Force
- The 2011 Revised City of Detroit Charter is up for vote November 8, 2011. Read what it has to say about the environment here.
State policy work (Michigan)
Federal policy work
- Continual Resolution Environmental Rider – March 2011 | Environmental Policy Recommendations prepared by Kimberly Hill for Senator Debbie Stabenow, Senator Carl Levin and Senator Barbara Boxer
- American Power Act | Recommendations on Paying for Pollution, Reducing Carbon Concentration, Hot Spots & Co-Pollutants, and Curriculum Development & Consumer Assistance
- Clean Energy Construction Careers Demonstration Project – May, 2010 | Recommendations for the American Power Act prepared by Kimberly Hill for Congressman John Conyers and Congresswoman Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, Senator Carl Levin and Senator Debbie Stabenow
- September 21, 2012, the Coal Miner Employment and Domestic Energy Infrastructure Protection Act (HR 3409) passed 233-175. The passage of this bill will prevent the Interior Department from issuing regulations under the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 that would adversely affect coal mining revenue, employment or production. In addition, HR 3409 would eliminate the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)’s authority to allow them to make determinations on water quality standards and transfer the power too the states. Also, the EPA will not be able to issue regulations on greenhouse gas emissions in association with efforts to reduce climate change. In essence, this bill will weaken the Clean Water Act and block efforts to reduce damage from coal mining.
- Estimated EPA Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2013 | The U.S. constitution requires that all revenue bills originate in the House of Representatives, and the House is proposing significant cuts to the EPA’s budget.